APP MODIFIED MEMBRANE WATERPRROFINGApp stands for Atactic Poly Propylene (APP) Membranes. It is the method for bituminous waterproofing
Steps for application for APP Membrane
- Check the base surface for its soundness before application of APP membrane
- Check the surface for the slope , the minimum slope shall be I 1n 100, if the slope is not there & stagnation is possible ,it is advised to create the minimum slope required for best results
- Repair the loose / un sound portions of the surface by breaking and re doing the same patch by polymer modified mortar and allow it to cure
- Open all cracks up to 5 mm width with the help of a grinder & fill them with the help of Acrylic non shrink crack filling compound, cracks above 5 mm shall be repaired with polymer modified mortar. Construction / expansion joints shall be filled first with Poly sulphide sealant before primer application
- Clean and wire brush the surface completely before application of Primer and check that moisture content is not more than 15 % in the sub striate
- Apply solvent based bitumen primer on the dry – clean surface @ 3-5 Sq. mtr. per liter and allow it to dry for 4-6 hours
- Start application of APP membrane from the lowest end to higher end below the drip mould of the parapet wall with the help of a gas torch
- Start application of 2nd roll by keeping an overlap margin of 100 mm at the overlap joints
- Over heat the membrane at the overlap joints to bleed out the bitumen for 10- 15mm an the flush the same with good finish with hot trowel
- Finally apply two coats of bituminous aluminum paint @ 3-5 sq. mtr. per liter on the top of the laid APP membrane for the non-trafficable roofs /area and or protect the membrane with a protective screed / BB Coba for the area subjected to heavy movements & wear & tear.
APP WORK AT HINDUSTAN UNILEVER LIMITED
WATERPROOFING TO TERRACE TOP BY TRADITIONAL METHOD WITH CHINA MOSAIC TOPPING
- Remove the existing Waterproofing layer completely up to the bare concrete with the help of breaker machine, to be used for puncturing & subsequently chisel & hammer using chisel at an angle to ensure that the concrete does not get damaged. Dispose off the removed debris and clean the bare slab thoroughly.
- Open the visible cracks of the bare concrete in V groove & fill the cracks with a paste of Approved Polymer, cement & water. Apply a coat of Polymer Emulsion: Cement slurry of 1: 1.5 to the entire bare slab.
- Open the joint between the parapet wall and the slab in a 15mm to 20mm V groove and then fill the same with a 1:2 C.M. with addition of integral WP compound.
- Lay Brick Bat Coba of average 4” thick in 1:5 C.M. with addition of integral WP compound, with proper slope & alignment. Slope to be maintained at 1” per 10’ length.
- Carry out pond test by ponding water on the brickbat Coba for a minimum 7 days.
- Fill the gaps in the brickbats using a 1:4 C.M. with addition of integral WP compound. All gaps to be filled properly and the entire bricks should be completely covered.
- Provide & lay in place China Mosaic Topping with mixed coloured chips in proper slope as the finishing coat.
- Coving (Vatta) height to be maintained at 9” or 230mm.
WATERPROOFING BRICK BAT COBA (SBI COLONY, NERUL)
WATERPROOFING TO TERRACE TOP BY CHEMICAL COATING WITH CHINA MOSAIC TOPPINGOpen the visible cracks on the top surface in V groove & fill the cracks with a paste of Approved Polymer, cement & water.
Apply two coats of Polymer Emulsion: Cement slurry of 1: 1.5 to the entire bare slab. The second coat should be applied in a manner so that the brush is worked perpendicular to the direction of application of the first coat. (The minimum over coating interval between two coats should be 24 hours.)
Carry out pond test by ponding water on the coated surface for a minimum 3 days.
Provide & lay in place China Mosaic Topping with mixed coloured chips in proper slope as the finishing coat.
HLM COATING AT THE CUFFE PARADE PERSEPOLIS CHSL